Full-Stack Software Developer (Remote, USA)
Zippity builds customer-centric software for onsite service providers. We are starting with mobile car detailers and mobile tire shops, and quickly moving beyond the automotive industry. Other software providers in this space are overly complicated, expensive, and focused on back-office organization rather than consumer engagement. Zippity is changing the industry with modern, mobile-friendly software that keeps the consumer informed and in-control.
We are looking for a Full-Stack Software Developer to join our team and help us improve and expand.
About the Role
As an early Software Developer at Zippity, you will have a lot of ownership over the product. You will help to define what to build, not just build to someone else’s spec. You will work across our front-end and back-end code bases.
- Consumer-Facing Web App (React): This web app keeps customers in-control, allowing them to see upfront pricing, create and reschedule appointments, and access their service history.
- Technician Mobile App (React Native): This iPhone/Android app saves technicians time and effort. With a few easy taps and swipes, they can easily access the information they need, and keep customers happy and informed.
- Admin Portal (React, PWA): This behind-the-scenes tool allows businesses to configure their service area, calendar, pricing, and much more.
- Backend REST API (Python, SQLAlchemy): This Flask application has strong security controls, connects cleanly to third-party information sources, and enables routing and scheduling algorithms (think Traveling Salesperson Problem). If you’re doing services in a mobile environment, efficiency is key — and our backend software allows us to continuously improve.
- You’re a great communicator. You recognize that coding is not just communicating with machines, but communicating with other humans via machines. At Zippity, you will be asked to synthesize customer feedback, make smart informed decisions, and build consensus with your teammates.
- You’ve got an entrepreneurial spirit. You don’t get excited about 10% Year-over-Year growth — you get excited about turning the world upside-down and growing by 100x. Maybe you’ve worked in a startup before. Maybe you were part of a large company but tried to make it feel like a startup. No matter your background, you are excited to be part of a small team that dreams big.
- You feel personally invested in delivering a great UX. You put yourself in your customer’s shoes, and relentlessly optimize the user experience. You appreciate good design.
- You enjoy growing your skills. You know how to build great software. But you also know that there’s always more to learn. You’re excited to teach your teammates new skills, and to learn alongside them.
- Our team is collaborative, ambitious, and friendly. We’re excited to be working toward a common goal: great customer experiences for onsite service.
- We are a distributed team. We started in the greater Boston area, but we have grown to have employees in 7 different states. We collaborate online with Zoom/Slack, and we find creative ways to bring people together in-person a few times a year.
How To Apply
Apply here! It should take just a few minutes. We will reach out to you with next steps within 1 week.