Last Updated: June 1, 2021
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect information about you, including information that directly or indirectly identifies you, through your use of the Zippity Site or Zippity Platform:
- When you (or other users) provide the information within the Zippity Site or Zippity Platform, through filling out forms or otherwise submitting, posting or uploading personal information, or by corresponding with us regarding the Zippity Site, Zippity Platform or any related matter;
- When we receive the information from third parties (such as the enterprise customers who operate Partner Sites) or from publicly available data sources (such as automotive directories); and
- Using automated tracking technologies, such as cookies and web server logs, to collect information about your computer or mobile device and internet connection (including your IP address, operating system and browser type and version) and details regarding your use of the Zippity Site and Zippity Platform.
We use such personal information to: provide you with information, products or services that you request or that we are otherwise contractually obligated to provide; assist you in obtaining or providing services via the Zippity Site or Zippity Platform; provide you with support and training; complete/fulfill transactions (including sending invoices and collecting payments) and contests; improve our products, services, and operations; personalize and continually improve user experience; market our products and services; perform statistical, demographic and marketing analyses of users; and facilitate our other legitimate business purposes, including managing our security obligations, protecting the safety and well-being of Zippity, our users and others, and complying with applicable laws and regulations.
Without limiting the above, we have provided additional detail below regarding certain categories of information that we collect:
If you register an account that allows you to buy or sell services via the Zippity Site or Zippity Platform, we collect registration information that may include first name, last name, password, street address, city, state, zip/postal code, country, phone number, and email address. Professionals may also set up their Zippity profile to describe their experience, rates and qualifications, which in turn will help potential Buyers decide whether/how to make use of your services. Some registration information will be mandatory and some registration information is optional.
Buyer-Professional Order Information and Call and SMS Data
Among other features and functionalities, the Zippity Site and Zippity Platform facilitate the placement and acceptance of work orders by and between Buyers and Professionals, including by facilitating communications between Buyers and Professionals. Although these work orders and communications are controlled by individual users, not Zippity, Zippity may, in connection with facilitating such work orders and communications, collect related data, including information contained in the work orders and SMS messages, dates and times of calls and SMS messages, and the parties’ phone numbers. Zippity also reserves the right to monitor communications throughout the Zippity Site and Zippity Platform, and to terminate access/use by any user violating any applicable terms or policies or any applicable laws.
Online Surveys and Contests
- Sharing of Personal Information
We may share personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Other Users: We may share your personal information with other Users who have a reasonable need to know such information, such as a Professional who needs access to the contact information and job details for a work order placed by a Buyer or an enterprise customer who needs access to an end user’s personal information in order to fulfill an appointment placed via a Partner Site.
- Service Providers: We may share your personal information with third-party service providers who assist with aspects of our business, including sending emails and SMS messages, operating and hosting the Zippity Site and Zippity Platform, and marketing and advertising our products.
- Other Intermediaries: We may share your personal information with third parties who assist with advertising and marketing of our business and performing business analytics, with a third-party credit card processing company, and with a third-party provider of vehicle service records. Some of these third parties may use this information for their own marketing and other secondary commercial purposes not directly related to the services they provide to Zippity.
- Zippity Affiliates and Successors: We may share your personal information with affiliated or successor entities, including in connection with a sale, reorganization, consolidation, or merger.
- Other Third Parties: We may share your personal information, including with government bodies or law enforcement agencies, when we believe it to be necessary for protecting the safety and well-being of Zippity, our users and others or complying with applicable laws and regulations
- Security of Personal Information
We take reasonable measures designed to protect personal information from unauthorized access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, and damage. For example, our Payment System, as designed by our payment processor to facilitate secure treatment of payment information, is operated using secure Internet connections, using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption. We cannot, however, guarantee the security of your personal information, particularly as it travels over the Internet. As such, we encourage you to exercise caution in determining what information you disclose via the Internet.
- Retention and Deletion of Personal Information; Terminating Your Account
- Your Privacy Choices and Rights
You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any marketing email you receive from us.
You have the option of disabling cookies via your browser settings/preferences. If you disable cookies on your browser, please note that some parts of the Zippity Site and Zippity Platform may not function as effectively or may be considerably slower.
On the Zippity Site, you may update your registration information using the appropriate tools in the Zippity navigation bar, and you may update your payment information using the appropriate page.
- Transmittal of Data to and Processing of Data in the United States
Zippity is located in the United States. Please be aware that any information you provide to us may be transferred to and processed in the United States and be subject to United States law. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence.
The Zippity Site and Zippity Platform are not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under 16. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we might have any such information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Contacting Us